top of page

My passport was issued more than 15 years ago, what do I need to do?

Updated: Sep 27, 2023

If your passport was issued more than 15 years ago, you need to book an in-person appointment.

Head to: to sign up for alerts when appointments are released.



  • Old passport and three photocopies

  • Application for a U.S. Passport (Form DS-11)

  • Fill out the form completely before your appointment, but DO NOT sign it.

  • Photo: One 2-inch x 2-inch / 5cm x 5cm square passport photo taken within the last six months.

Note: There is no photographer at the Embassy. There are multiple locations to get a passport photo near the Branch Office in Tel Aviv.

  • Evidence of U.S. citizenship:

  • Photocopies and notarized copies are unacceptable.

  • U.S. birth certificate

  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad

  • U.S. Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization, or

  • A valid or expired U.S. passport – Bring a photocopy of your lost/stolen passport, if available.

  • Proof of Identity:

  • Photocopies and notarized copies are unacceptable. Must be a valid, government-issued photo ID, such as:

  • Foreign passport

  • Driver’s license

  • National identity card with photograph, or

  • Military I.D with photograph

  • Police report, if you filed one.

  • Additional requirements for minors: There are additional requirements for minor applicants.

  • Marriage Certificate and Translation


38 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page