If one parent can't come to the embassy for a CRBA or any minor passport renewal, here is what to do:
1. Find a notary in your area.
2. Print out this form: DS3053
3. Schedule with the notary and the parent that can't attend.
4. Parent will sign form in front of notary. Bring photo ID .
5 Make sure to bring the other spouse 's photo id and copy to the embassy.
The same one that he/she showed at the notary appointment.
*You need one form per child.*
Source and more details here:
*Please read it thoroughly. They don't take this process lightly.*
In America, a Notary can legally practice ONLY in the jurisdiction of his charter. And no part of Israel is that. Three options:
1. Online-video if the entity agrees.
2. Consular authentication at US Embassy.
3. Israeli notarization with or without apostile.
Who do we recommend?
Yoel is a Notary in Jerusalem. Call him to book a time slot; tell him Shira sent you.