top of page

CRBA+First Passport for Minor - Jerusalem

Updated: 7 days ago

The US Embassy Jerusalem is located at 14 David Flusser, Jerusalem 9378322, Israel.

To apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, as well as a First Passport for a minor:

Please ensure you complete *but do not sign* the following forms:

  1. eCRBA - completed and paid for online via this link: | See my full guide here: and here:

  2. Form DS 11 – Application for a Passport

  3. Form SS 5– Application for a Social Security Number.

  4. Disclaimer statement that your child has not been issued a Social Security number

Please be sure to bring the above forms, printed and completed, along with the following documents, originals as well as copies. Any documents that are not in English, please bring a translation as well.

  1. Child’s birth certificate

  2. Child’s passport photo

  3. Parents’ marriage certificate

  4. Death or divorce certificates of either parents’ previous spouses

  5. Parent(s)’ US Passport or other proof of citizenship

  6. Non-US-citizen parent ID or passport

  7. Child’s Israeli, or other, passport, if issued

  8. Proof of US-citizen parent(s) physical presence in the US. Good examples of proof of physical presence include school records, immunization records, university and high school transcripts, tax returns, and employment records. More information can be found on the US Embassy website.

  9. Two-Parent Consent:

U.S. law requires signatures of both parents or the child’s legal guardians, prior to issuance of a U.S. passport to children under the age of 16. The best way to do this is for both parents/guardians to attend the appointment with the child to apply for the passport.

If one parent/guardian cannot go with the child to apply for the passport, they can give permission by completing Form DS-3053 “Statement of Consent.” You must submit the original, completed, signed, dated, and notarized form (along with a copy of the ID presented to the notary) with the child’s passport application. The parent who cannot go with the child must:

  1. Sign and date Form DS-3053 in the presence of a certified notary public, and

  2. The parent must present the notary with a valid, government-issued photo ID. The same original ID must be presented, along with a photocopy, at your embassy visit. The copy of the ID will be submitted together with the form DS-3053.

11. Valid, government-issued photo IDs for the parents. (Note: Original documents are required. Notarized copies are unacceptable. Bring one photocopy in addition to your original document.) May be any of the following:

  • Foreign passport

  • Driver’s license

  • National identity card with photograph or

  • Military I.D with photograph

12. Printed confirmation of courier payment (see below):

New Policy Regarding Postage:

As of June 12th Israel Post is requiring pre-paid courier service for *all* applications, with the exception of emergency, limited-validity passports.

There is *no* option to fill out Israel Post delivery slips at the Consulate. There is *no* option for pickup for a regular-validity U.S. passport.

Click on the following link to pay for your courier service. Cost of the service is 60 NIS.

You must *print* the confirmation page and include it with your application and documents, whether you are submitting your application by mail, via dropbox, or in person.

When your passport is ready the U.S. Embassy will pass all documents directly to Israel Post for delivery. Israel Post will contact you to arrange delivery.

For further details please contact the Israel Post passport department at 076-8870580 or

Please arrive on time for your appointment. The embassy will not honor your appointment if you are late.


There is ample street parking in the area of the Embassy.

Security requirements at the embassy:

For security reasons the embassy will not allow entrance with any electronic devices, including *phones* and smart watches; bags, briefcases, or backpacks (with the exception of a diaper bag); weapons of any kind; fire-lighting equipment; liquids, sprays, powders, or lip balm. If you bring a water bottle you may be asked to sip it.


There are storage lockers available at the Embassy for your convenience, free of charge.

Good luck with your appointment! I’m here to help with any questions you may have.

You may also like:

455 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page