top of page

Drop Box  | Jerusalem Embassy

A convenient drop box is now available for certain consular applications which could previously only be processed by mail. This drop box is located at the main consular entrance of the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem (at 14 David Flusser Street in Arnona); there is no drop box at the Branch Office in Tel Aviv.  Applicants may drop off their passport (Forms DS-82 and DS-5504 only) and certain Social Security applications,  as well as requests for a Consular Report of Death Abroad. ent is necessary.  The application processing time is approximately seven to ten weeks.

The drop box is available from Monday to Thursday between 9:00am and 3:00pm and Friday between 9:00am and 12:00pm, except on local and federal holidays. No appointment is necessary. The application processing time is approximately seven to ten weeks.


You may only use the drop box for the following:

  • Adult passport renewals (form DS-82);

  • Replacing an emergency passport with a full validity passport (form DS-5504), or

  • Social Security, but only for the following:

    • Children under 12 years of age applying for a Social Security card for the first time (if the child already has a Consular Report of Birth Abroad or a passport);

    • All applicants requesting a replacement Social Security card;

    • Applicants who wish to file an official name change with the Social Security Administration; and

    • Applicants for Social Security benefits.

  • Report of Death of a US citizen

Eligibility for Passport Renewal by U.S. Embassy Jerusalem

You may renew your passport by utilizing the drop-box service for an adult passport renewal if all of the following requirements apply:

  • Your passport is not damaged and was issued within the last 15 years;

  • You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport was issued;

  • The passport you are renewing was valid for a 10-year period; and

  • The passport was issued in your current name.  (If you have changed your name since your most recent passport was issued, you must submit legal documentation of your name change.)

  • You can include a printed payment confirmation from

You are also eligible to replace your limited-validity emergency passport through the Drop Box using form DS-5504 for a full validity passport if your passport meets all of the following requirements:

  • Was issued less than 12 months ago (even if the passport is now expired); and

  • Does not have any endorsement on page 11 stating “A full validity passport must be approved by the Department of State.”

* IF you are an adult renewing and adult passport (10 year expiration date), you will NOT be allowed to receive the services of a face-to face-interview in the embassy. 

bottom of page