The drop box is located at the main consular entrance of the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem at 14 David Flusser Street in Arnona The drop box is available from Monday to Thursday between 8:00am and 12:30 pm, except on local and federal holidays. No appointment is necessary.
To apply for a Social Security number for a child under age 12, the following steps are required:
1. Download, complete, and sign the Application for a Social Security Card, Form SS-5-FS. All questions must be answered and legible. Please type or print the answers.
2. Print, sign and date the disclaimer statement that your child has not been issued a Social Security number.
3. Send ONE of the following, original plus a copy:
Original U.S. birth certificate. If you do not have the U.S. birth certificate, complete Form SSA- L706. It must be signed and submitted, along with the application and other documentation. This allows the Social Security Administration to verify the birth record with the custodian of the record.
Foreign birth certificate
Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
4. Proof of U.S. citizenship (provide ONE of the following, original plus a copy)
Original U.S. birth certificate, or U.S. Passport (unexpired)
Original Consular Report of Birth Abroad
Original Naturalization or Citizenship Certificate
5. Proof of identity (provide ONE of the following, original plus a copy)
Original U.S. passport, unexpired and signed
Original foreign passport, unexpired and signed
6. Proof of the identity of the parent signing the application (provide ONE of the following, original plus a copy)
U.S. or foreign passport, unexpired and signed
Country or national ID Card with a current photo
7. Printed confirmation of payment for return courier service (see below):
New Policy Regarding Postage:
As of June 12th Israel Post is requiring pre-paid courier service for *all* applications, with the exception of emergency, limited-validity passports.
There is *no* option to fill out Israel Post delivery slips at the Consulate. There is *no* option for pickup for a regular-validity U.S. passport.
Click on the following link to pay for your courier service. Cost of the service is 60 NIS.
You must *print* the confirmation page and include it with your application and documents, whether you are submitting your application by mail, via dropbox, or in person.
When your passport is ready the U.S. Embassy will pass all documents directly to Israel Post for delivery. Israel Post will contact you to arrange delivery.
For further details please contact the Israel Post passport department at 076-8870580 or email@example.com
All documents will be returned via courier. It generally takes 7-10 weeks from the time we receive your documents, until your documents are returned to you.